View Mobile Site

Ask the Expert

Signal Photos


Child with special needs?

Posted: September 11, 2008 10:16 p.m.
Updated: November 13, 2008 5:00 a.m.

If you are a parent/guardian of a child that you suspect may have special needs you are encouraged to contact your local school district for assessment. Students with any of the following disabilities may be eligible for special education services: Deaf, hard of hearing, blind, partially sighted, mental retardation, orthopedic handicap, autism, learning disability, traumatic brain injury, other health impairment, speech and language disorder, emotional disturbance. All assessments are followed by an Individual Education Plan (IEP) team meeting at which parents, teachers, and staff determine eligibility, specific goals, placement, and services. Parent permission is required for all Special Education Services. To make a referral, contact your local public school or your district office.

Castaic Union School District, 28131 Livingston Ave. Valencia, 91355 (661) 257-4500

Newhall School District 25375 Orchard Village Rd. Suite 200 Valencia, 91355 (661) 291-4000

Saugus Union School District, 24930 Avenue Stanford, Santa Clarita, 91355 (661) 294 5300

Sulphur Springs Union School District, 17866 Sierra Highway, Canyon Country, 91351 (661) 252-5131

William S. Hart Union High School District, 21515 Centre Pointe Parkway, Santa Clarita, 91350 (661) 259-0033

Santa Clarita Valley SELPA Office, 24930 Avenue Stanford, Santa Clarita, 91355 (661) 294-5398


Most Popular Articles

There are no articles at this time.
Commenting not available.
Commenting is not available.


Powered By
Morris Technology
Please wait ...